Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: SSS Condonation Law and SSS Loan Amnesty Programs

Hi Atty James,

I already resigned last year from my previous employer, but the SSS contributions being deducted were not paid from my salary, I verified it via SSS online. I also have a loan granted last November 2010. The monthly deduction for my loan based from my payslip started January 2011. When I verified also via online, no single payments were done, but they deducted it from my bi-monthly salary. When I asked, they said that the company is under the condonation program around 2010 and has an approval by SSS. And they have PDCs submitted until 2013.

I am now self-employed. How should I start from this to continue my contributions? How should I get back those supposedly paid contributions deducted from me but were not submitted to SSS?

Thank you,
    Homie

Administrator Atty. James S. Biron's Avatar
    Hi Homie,

Coordinate with SSS and inform them about your situation particularly the condonation program which was availed by your employer. About the continuation of your contributions, what you could do is to pay it directly with SSS or with any of its authorized banks.

Hi,

My husband has a salary loan late 2007 and he left the company 2008. He was not able to update his current employer of his existing loan and he has not paid any of his dues since he resigned last 2008. He wanted to pay it off now but I wanted to know if he is eligible for loan condonation program. How can he avail of it? Can he directly go to SSS and submit a form requesting to condone or he has to go through their HR? Thanks!

Hi Attorney,
    I have a question regarding my SSS loan. I already resigned from my previous employer even though I still have a remaining balance sa SSS loan ko. I thought my employer should be the one to deduct the remaining amount from my back pay, pero when I ask them hindi daw nila responsibility yun. I checked from SSS website at nakalagay nga doon na dapat sila ang mag deduct sa remaining balance. May plano po ako na mag change into Voluntary Coverage kasi wala pa po akong work ngayon. Ano po ang gagawin ko? Ano po ang mangyayari sa remaining balance ko sa SSS?

Thank you very much, attorney.

Dear Atty James, If I will pay the remaining amount of my overdue loan under the amnesty program, when can I re-loan again? thanks in advance...

Dear Atty Biron,

If I will pay the remaining amount of overdue loan under amnesty program, when can I re-loan again? Thanks.....

Hi Atty... I availed the condonation program last June 2011 thru my employer and paid the full amount of my loan balance last November 2011. Can I renew my salary loan? In other sss condonation program threads, they say that once you have paid your full loan balance thru a condonation program, you must wait for 2-3 more years to renew a loan. Pls clarify...Thanks alot.

Hi Karen, check first with SSS if they have an existing condonation program for unpaid loans. If there is, follow the procedures indicated therein on how to avail of that program.

Hi Amores, you are correct, your previous employer should have deducted that. It is their responsibility to deduct and remit your loan payments. Now if you want to change to Voluntary Coverage then you will be the one who will pay your loan obligation directly.

Hi Sekhencebu, you can apply for another loan after two/three years after you have completed the payment of your principal loan.