Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annulment of Marriage

Administrator Atty. James S. Biron's Avatar

Annulment of Marriage

Dear readers, please post your questions regarding annulment of marriage in this section of the legal forum. I will answer your questions as soon as possible. Thank you.

Is my marriage annuled or almost annuled.

I just got a letter from court saying:

It says "wherefore, finding the above captioned petition meritous, the same is hereby granted. judgement is hereny rendered declaring null and void ab initio the marruage between the spouses xxxxx ans xxxx celebrated xxxxx. custody of minor xxxxxx is awarded tp xxxxx with liberal visitation rights given to respondednt."

"after the decisin shall have become final and executory, let a decree of annulment be issued considering that there were no properties involved therein.

"let coppies of this Decision be furnished to the Solicitor General , the office of the Ciuty Prosecutor od xxx city and the Office of the Local Civiil Registrar of xxxxx city and xxxx cityu.

"Considering that the Summons was served upon the respondent thru publication, let a copy of the decision be published one in the newspaper of general circulation"

"So ordered"
    "August 27 2010"

---> is this letter a lettter saying I am annuled or does it mean i still have some action to take or wait for the Sol Gen to send me another letter? I am confused. I cannot ask my laywer anymore as i am in a financial bind and still owe him money, i need to know what to do to move forward with this case as it seems that it is or it will be almost over.

----> does this mean it is now over and i can take this letter to the DFA and have my passport changed back to my maiden name? what's the next step so I can have my name back to the original name? or do i need to publish first in a news paper before going to the DFA? thnaks, my appointment is Sept 21 kasi.
    ---> additional question, how long does it take to get the annotation on my NSO? i'm not sure if the decision i got is the final one or if i need to wait or perform other actions to finalizze

Thank you.

Ssunshine, please double check what you quoted. Initially the decision says "declaring null and void", then later it refers to a "decree of annulment". Please double check if this is what is really written or a mere typo error on your part. Because an order declaring a marriage null and void is different from a decree of annulment.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty. James S. Biron View Post
    Ssunshine, please double check what you quoted. Initially the decision says "declaring null and void", then later it refers to a "decree of annulment". Please double check if this is what is really written or a mere typo error on your part. Because an order declaring a marriage null and void is different from a decree of annulment.
    Hi Atty James, I checked it again and yes the qoute is correct for both:

a) "Judgement is hereby GRANTED. Jusdgement is hereby rendered declaring null and void ab initio the marriage between the spouses xxxx and xxxxxx celebrated on xxxxx. Custody of Minor xxxx is awarded to the petioner with liberal visitation rights given to the respondent"

b) "After the decision shall have become final and executory, let a decree of annulment be issued considering that there were no properties involved therein."

If that is the case, you should inquire with the court and ask whether there was typo error on their part. If none, then file a Motion for Clarificatory Order to reconcile the two conflicting orders (i.e. declaring null and void vs decree of annulment)

I see, so in that case, I should not proceed with publishing in the news paper and file them otion first? How long will it take to file the motion and get reply? This sounds like a setback in my case.

Also, would that mean that we have to retract the copies sent to the Sol Gen?

Yes, you need to get a clarification because the order was not clear.
    How long to file? Depends on your lawyer.
    How long before you can get reply/order from court? It depends on the court. No exact time for this.
    No need to retract copies, it is not your duty to do that. Let the court order a new ruling after you have submitted your motion.

Magandang araw po

Ako po ay 26 years old na at balak na pong magpakasal sa aking foreign fiance this coming dec pero nung kumuha po ako ng cenomar kasal na daw po ako sa isang hapon,,naalala ko po noong 2003 nagbakasakali po akong mag abroad sa japan at pumasok sa isang agency dahil po sa kadahilanang d ako makapasa sa tesda naisipan ko po ituloy ang aking pagaaral at humanap ng ibang paraan upang makamtan ko ang mga pagarap ko...

Sa taong 2008 po nakilala ko ang akin fiance at binabalak na po namin magpakasal kaya lang po un eh nalaman ko kasal daw ako sa isang hapon samantalang d po ito nangyari,,binalikan ko po ang agency kung saan ko naiwan lahat ng documento ko tulad ng diploma,birth certificate at nbi..ano po ang magandang gawin para mapawalang bisa un kasal na un na hindi ako ang ikinasal marahil po ay ginamit un ng agency ang documento ko para ipagamit sa iba..wala na po un agency na un sir,,ano po ang gagawin ko?

Salamat po.

Jheycee

Pekeng kasal

Quote Originally Posted by Atty. James S. Biron View Post
    Dear readers, please post your questions regarding annulment of marriage in this section of the legal forum. I will answer your questions as soon as possible. Thank you.
    Magandang araw po

Ako po c jheycee 26 years old na..
    Kami po ng fiance ko ay nagbabalak magpakasal ngayong darating na desyembre..ngunit nagulat po ako kc sa cenomar ay ako ay married na sa isang hapon..noong 2003 po ay pumasok ako sa isang promotion agency papuntang japan..dahil po sa tesda ako ay laging bagsak kaya d ako nakaalis papuntang japan. Ng dhil po don naisipan kong bumalik sa skwela at ipagpatuloy ang aking pagaaral anggang sa nakatapos ako ng college..ngayon po sa kasalukuyan ay gusto ko ng magpakasal sa akin fiance ngunit papano po ako makakasal kung married ako sa cenomar ko..nung nasa agency ako naiwan po doon un aking diploma nung hs at birth certificate pati NBI. Hindi na po kc ako nakabalik sa agency noon dahil natatakot ako baka pabayaran ako sa pagsstay ko sa kanila. Noong june po nagbakasakali ako dun sa dating agency pero wala na po cla doon at na bankrupt daw po tas patay na din may ari. Ano po magandang gawin para mapawalang bisa un kasal na un dun sa sinasabing hapon? Nakakapagtaka po at pano nangyari un?

Sana po ay mabigyan nio ng sagot ito kc dko po alam kung paano maipaliwanag sa fiance ko baka akalain nia na ikinasal nga ako kung sasabhin ko ang problema:-( ano po ang magandang gawin para mwala ang bisa nun kasal? Sana nga po walang ibang gumagamit ng pangalan ko.

Jheycee, how did it happen that the records show that you're already married? What kind of activities did you do in that agency?